- Our Services
- For Families
- For Professionals
- Join the Conversation
- Meet the Children
Trouble Viewing Our Website?
Use the resources below for troubleshooting the most common problems associated with viewing our website. If you don’t fine the solution to your problem below, contact us toll-free at 800-901-6911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you using the most current version of your browser?
- Why update your browser?
- Do you have the most recent version of Flash installed?
- Does your browser accept first-party cookies?
- Does your browser support 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption?
- Troubleshoot login challenge
AdoptUSKids is compatible with the current version of most browsers. We recommend using the newest version available for your favorite browser in order to take advantage of updated features and security releases provided by the browser vendor. Below are links to where you can download the most current version of your favorite browser for free:
- Internet Explorer (we offer limited support for versions 7 and 8 of Internet Explorer)
- Google Chrome
As the adage goes, the only thing constant is change. Nowhere is this more accurate than in the world of information technology.
Updating the browser that you use to access Web pages is necessary to accurately view many websites. Many modern websites simply will not look or function the way they should if you are using an older browser. This is becoming increasingly true as more organizations — AdoptUSKids included — move toward mobile-friendly website designs.
In addition, upgrading to modern browser offers the following benefits:
- It is safer: Older browsers (especially Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, and 8) are more vulnerable to security threats including viruses, spyware, and malware.
- It is faster: Older browsers do not load images, scripts and other webpage components as quickly and can sometimes cause your system to crash or freeze.
- You’ll have a better browsing experience: Using an older browser means that you miss out on modern features, such as having several documents open in a single window.
If you are running IE 8 or earlier we strongly suggest that you upgrade to the most recent version of Internet Explorer (version 11 is the last one Microsoft released) or install an alternate browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
Need more information? See a short illustration developed by Google describing what a browser does and why you should upgrade.
Need help? Email email@example.com.
Adobe Flash Player is used to display videos on AdoptUSKids. We recommend using the most recent version. Download Adobe Flash Player for free
Adobe Reader is used for most downloadable documents on AdoptUSKids. We recommend using the most recent version. Download Adobe Reader for free
We use only first-party cookies that store internal IDs (i.e. not email or name). In order to use the site, your browsers’ ability to accept these cookies must be enabled. For more information on enabling and disabling cookies within your browser, please review your browsers’ Help section.
To access AdoptUSKids, your browser must support 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, the highest level of encryption available. Most browser upgrades now support 128-bit as the default level of encryption when you download the installation package. Use the links above to update to the most current version of your preferred browser, otherwise you will need to download the appropriate encryption support from the supplier of your browser.