How we help professionals
Online and over the phone, AdoptUSKids gives professionals the tools and information they need to recruit and support foster and adoptive families
On adoptuskids.org, registered caseworkers can search a national listing of thousands of home-studied families who are ready to adopt, find tools to help them manage their caseloads, and access a library of publications on topics ranging from respite care to family support programs. Learn more about registering to use the site.
Our National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment website offers additional tools and resources, along with on-site support, to help state and tribal program administrators develop and implement comprehensive diligent recruitment plans and programs. Their robust Diligent Recruitment Navigator is a discussion guide that walks administrators through the process of developing an effective diligent recruitment program.
Two newsletters—one for administrators, another for frontline professionals—and an active Twitter channel—keep professionals informed about new resources, tools, and best practices that can help them do their jobs better.
Trained staff and consultants share expertise
Our staff of foster care and adoption specialists and website technical support staff are just a phone call, email, or chat away. These knowledgeable staff provide referrals to resources and help using the tools on our website.
- A diverse team of staff and consultants at the National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment at AdoptUSKids (NRCDR)—professionals who have worked on the front lines and in leadership positions in child welfare, foster care and adoption—offer technical assistance to build the capacity of child welfare systems to recruit, develop, and support foster, adoptive, and kinship families.
Comprehensive evaluation means continuous improvement
The AdoptUSKids evaluation team conducts comprehensive evaluation of all aspects of the project. Evaluation findings are used for continuous quality improvement for the project and incorporated into services and resources for states, territories, and tribes.
Frequently asked questions about how we help professionals
Every day, AdoptUSKids staff field phone calls and respond to emails from child welfare professionals who are looking for help finding families for children on their caseloads. Below are responses to a few of the frequently asked questions.
How can AdoptUSKids help me find families for children on my caseload?
In several ways!
- Register yourself or your agency on our website to photolist children and search for families.
- Subscribe to our newsletters for professionals to receive child welfare updates and resources.
- Download free copies of our resource guides on topics ranging from respite care to family support.
- Visit the website of our National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment for information about recruiting families.
How do I list a child on AdoptUSKids?
The first step is registering yourself or your agency to use our photolisting to register children and search for families. Read more about how to photolist and manage cases.
Are there fees to access resources provided by AdoptUSKids?
Never. Registering to use the tools on adoptuskids.org is free. The resources, materials, and consultation provided by AdoptUSKids to families and professionals are funded through a grant from the US Children’s Bureau.
Who can I contact for help getting registered or photolisting a child?
Call our website technical support staff, 800-901-6911 or email email@example.com.
Learn more about how we help professionals.
Things to do next:
- Subscribe to receive our newsletters for frontline professionals, which includes registered family profiles, quick tips, and links to new resources from the field.
- Subscribe to E-Notes, the newsletter of the National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment at AdoptUSKids, which provides timely information relevant to program managers, child welfare administrators, and others who have the ability to create and sustain system change.
- Check out our Twitter channel for professionals, where we highlight top resources for professionals.