- Our Services
- For Families
- For Professionals
- Join the Conversation
- Meet the Children
Huffington Post Series Gives Voice to Adoption
The Huffington Post is running a series called "30 Adoption Portraits in 30 Days" designed to give a voice to people with widely varying experiences of those touched by adoption, including birthparents, adoptees, adoptive parents, foster parents, and waiting adoptive parents.
We've compiled a list of stories from the series that deal with foster care and adoption from foster care. We'll add to it as more stories become available.
- Adoption and Family: How Everyone Is Affected, Not Just 'Us'
- Gina Sampaio, Foster Parent, On Navigating the Birth Mother Relationship
- I Was Adopted as a Child, but That Doesn't Define Who I Am
- How My Foster Mother's Love Saved My Life
- Saying Goodbye to the Foster Child I Fell In Love With
- What a Foster-to-Adoption Process Is Really Like
- Notes From a Birth Mom: 'I Have Been Very Fortunate to be Allowed in Katie's Life'
- Katie's Custody Day: Adoption at Last